Aviation Studies Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Need to know more about pilot training and aircraft maintenance engineering training programs? Please scroll down to find answers related to your preferred training program. If you have further questions, please do hit the ‘Contact Us’ tab and we will contact you as soon as humanly possible.

Contact Us

To become a licensed aircraft engineer you will need to obtain a basic aircraft engineer's license, at least one type-rating for an aircraft, months and years of practical experience, and a company approval to issue a Certificate of Release to Service for an aircraft. It is a highly skilled job and one which can take some years to achieve. Qualified engineers will find employment in Line or Base Maintenance roles with Airlines or MROs. Line Maintenance involves light checks of an aircraft that is “on line”, during turn-around or overnight stops. Base maintenance focuses on bigger aircraft maintenance activities including modifications, installations or “heavy checks” lasting a number of days or weeks.

The B1.1 License is the Mechanical category of a license needed to work on aircraft with turbine engines. The holder of this license will typically perform and certify work done on aircraft structure, power plant, mechanical and electrical systems and have a role in defect diagnosis / rectification and system inspections.

The B2 License is the Avionics category of the license and allows the holder to work on radio communication, navigation and radar systems, instrument systems, electrical power generation and distribution systems and Automatic Pilot Systems.

EASA Part 147 Approved B1.1 & B2 Basic Training Courses are for students who wish to become Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. EASA Part 147 Training Programs offer an optimal path for achieving this goal. The courses have been specially developed to meet the highest international standards and the needs of airline and aircraft maintenance organizations around the world.

With completion of EASA Part 147 Approved Training Program, you need only 2 years (minimum) of working experience on live aircraft to obtain the Cat B Basic License. With a Diploma or Degree, you need at least 5 years to obtain the Cat B Basic License.

An organization that is approved under Part 145 regulations is authorized to conduct line and base maintenance of aircraft and components and to issue certificates of release to service for these. Their role is to maintain aircraft and return them to service in a technically worthy and safe condition.

As part of the application process to become a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, applicants need to complete and demonstrate a prescribed period of aircraft maintenance experience relevant to the license category required.

Students on our EASA Part 147 approved training course will be trained and assessed on basic skills and maintenance practices before undertaking a period in a Part 145 approved maintenance environment. This will provide invaluable operational experience that will also count towards the requirements of obtaining their license.

We arrange OJT (On the Job Training) in Part 145 MRO. During your OJT, you will be assessed by your supervisor of your overall performance. Most of our graduates are currently employed by MRO and Airlines based on their excellent performance during OJT. Contact us for more information of special arrangements that we cater for our students.

Approximately 2 years.

Ideally applicants must have a good pass in Math, Physics and English at SPM or O-Level, and also must have successfully passed the entrance test. The entrance test is available upon your registration.

This depends on your final goal. If your goal is to fly for an airline, you will require a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and a Multi Engine Instrument Rating. Our "Professional Pilot Course" will provide you with these qualifications. If your goal is to work as or for a scenic flying operator, or as an agricultural pilot you will probably only require a CPL. Our CPL course will provide you with this qualification. If your goal is to work as a Flight Instructor, you will require a CPL and a Flight Instructor Rating.

The New Zealand CPL is well respected worldwide and "Kiwi" Pilots are in demand by many airlines around the world. The License meets the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards. In this case, a license conversion is required when you return to Malaysia. A full guidance will be provided by our Agency.

You must be 18 years old to hold a Commercial Pilot's License and must have completed at least SPM or O Level Equivalent with a good pass in Math and Physics.

You must be able to speak, read and write English preferably to IELTS level 6 or TOEFL level 550. For students not meeting minimum standards of English, language courses are available prior to course entry. We do not accept any students less than 18 years of age.

You will have to meet minimum medical standards, but in most cases this will not be a problem. Many Airline Pilots wear glasses. We recommend you to consult an Aviation Medical Examiner before joining the training.

Any previous training will be taken into account on a flight check, and this will be assessed on your arrival at the Academy. A reduction of the course fees is likely

We will provide you with a high standard of training and the accompanying skills required for you to be employed in your chosen sector of aviation. However we cannot guarantee you a job. As with any training, your ability to convert learned skills into employment is up to you. The demand for well trained and qualified pilots worldwide remains very high. Our graduates hold flying positions in many parts of the world.

We will arrange your accommodation before your departure.

Yes we do. We will only advise you on the travel date, preferred airlines and coordinate group traveling among other students. Purchasing will not be done by us.

In New Zealand and Australia, students on a student visa can only work up to 20 hours per week. It is very important that a job should not be allowed to interfere with the prime objective of training. Students should not expect part‐time work to pay for their course fee, but can only subsidies living expenses.

We offer our continuous support from the beginning of your training until your employment. However, please be noted that we are not guaranteeing you any employment. We can only create the pathway for you.

All our services are FREE. We are determined to provide our students with comprehensive services and one-stop centre solution on all the aviation career choices.

Aim High For Your Career Choice